5 Benefits of Collagen Elixir
Collagen, the primary component that makes up skin, tendons, muscles, and ligaments, is the body’s most abundant protein. It acts as a scaffolding for the skin, providing structure and support for tendons, bones, and joints.
As we age, levels of collagen naturally decline. This can lead to a loss in elasticity, more fine lines and wrinkles, and other unwanted effects. Here, we’ll take an in-depth look at the possible benefits of collagen supplementation, as well as what to look for in a collagen supplement.
Top 5 Benefits of Collagen Elixir
1. Increased Hydration
Collagen plays a crucial role in skin health. A double-blind, randomized, clinically controlled trial found that collagen can boost hydration levels in the skin, keeping it moisturized from within.
2. Support Healthy Hair and Nails
Biotin and zinc are superstar nutrients when it comes to supporting healthy hair and nails from the inside out.
3. Improved Elasticity
4. Proven Reduction in Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Starting to notice more fine lines and wrinkles when you look in the mirror? The marine collagen peptides and powerful botanicals in Isagenix’s Collagen Elixir™ helped 70% of participants in the study notice fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Powerful Nutrients
Collagen Elixir features a proprietary blend of nutrients that work synergistically to support a variety of functions in the body.
- Biotin — Supports healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Wild berries — Natural sweetness from mother nature
- Superfoods — Acerola berries, botanicals, aloe vera, chamomile, and goji berry provide antioxidant support to help fight free radicals and preserve the body’s collagen.
- Vitamin C — Vitamin C is an important antioxidant, supports the immune system, and is required for collagen synthesis.
- Zinc — Zinc plays a vital role in skin, hair, and nail health, supports a healthy immune system, helps protect cells, supports collagen synthesis, and helps fight free radicals.
Other Benefits of Collagen Elixir
Isagenix set out to make the best collagen supplement on the market. Advantages of Collagen Elixir include:
- Effective Dose — Scientific findings confirm the benefits of marine collagen when used in doses of 4,000 to 5,000mg. Each serving of Isagenix Collagen Elixir contains 5,000 mg of marine collagen to provide the clinically efficacious dose to improve elasticity, support firmer skin, and soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Advanced Technology — With its innovative blend featuring proprietary double-nutri technology, Collagen Elixir features ingredients that are both water and oil-soluble. Liposomal delivery ensures maximum bioavailability.
- Convenience — The pre-portioned servings make it easy to take your dose of collagen, at any time and anywhere. No matter how busy your day gets or how much you are on the go, the single-serve, portable bottles make it easy to get your healthy dose of collagen every day, without the need to mix up a special juice or drink.
- Rapid Fill Technique — Each bottle of Collagen Elixir gets sealed in only 0.15 seconds to ensure efficacy and prevention of gas exchange and oxidation.
- Preservative Free — Using special technology and dark bottles, Collagen Elixir can maintain its freshness and efficacy without the need for preservatives.
- Sustainable Production — Isagenix is proud to be 100% sustainable in its production of Collagen Elixir. From strict standards to sustainable fisheries to using 100% recyclable packaging, Isagenix focuses on environmentally friendly, carbon-neutral practices.
- Mindful of Mother Nature — We only source collagen from responsibly caught pollock and cod, certified by the Marine Stewardship Council. This helps preserve marine resources and prevent overfishing.
- All the Good and None of the Bad — Soy, gluten, and dairy-free. Non-GMO.
What Type of Collagen Does Collagen Elixir Contain?
Collagen Elixir contains hydrolyzed marine collagen in the form of collagen peptides. Containing type 1 collagen, it is rich in important amino acids. These amino acids nourish the body and support its natural production of collagen.
Which Foods Contain Collagen?
Along with high-quality collagen supplements like Collagen Elixir, certain foods naturally contain collagen. Although more research is needed to find out if collagen-rich foods offer similar benefits to collagen supplements, you can find collagen in the following foods:
- Chicken skin
- Pork skin
- Foods containing gelatin (bone broth)
What To Look for in a Collagen Supplement?
With the growing popularity of collagen supplements, it can be helpful to know what to look for in a collagen supplement. When considering the best collagen supplement to buy, look for a brand that:
- Uses responsibly sourced ingredients
- Sources its collagen from wild-caught fish and by sustainable fishing practices
- Is free of preservatives, fillers, or additives
- Is free of added sugar
- Is gluten and soy free
Collagen Elixir FAQs
Q: Is the packaging recyclable?
A: Collagen Elixir is packaged in glass bottles that are 100% recyclable. This helps reduce waste and eliminates the need for artificial preservatives.
Q: Does Collagen Elixir contain sugar?
A: Collagen Elixir contains no added sugars. Instead, it gets its natural sweetness from the addition of berries.
Q: How is Collagen Elixir flavored?
A: Collagen Elixir is naturally flavored with apple, cranberry, and grape flavors for a delightful, fruity taste.
Q: How many servings of Collagen Elixir should I take per day?
A: We recommend enjoying one serving each day.
Q: When is the best time to take Collagen Elixir?
A: You can consume your serving of Collagen Elixir at any time to receive its benefits.
Q: Is Collagen Elixir Cleanse Day approved?
A: Yes, Isagenix’s Collagen Elixir is approved for Cleanse Days.
Q: Where is marine collagen sourced?
A: Isagenix sources the marine collagen in Collagen Elixir from fish wild–caught in the cold waters off the coast of Norway, using only the strictest, environmentally friendly practices.
Q: Why are the glass bottles dark?
A: Isagenix packages Collagen Elixir in dark glass bottles to help prevent oxidation.
Q: How soon will I notice changes from taking collagen?
A: Skin renewal is a complicated process that takes time. However, many people report seeing changes within weeks of taking collagen, with studies showing results after 12 weeks of supplementation. We recommend taking Collagen Elixir for 12 weeks to evaluate the results.
Q: Are there any side effects to collagen supplements?
A: While collagen supplements are widely considered safe and free of side effects, it is always recommended to check with your healthcare provider before adding a new supplement to your routine.
What Are the Best Collagen Supplements?
Isagenix’s scientists set out to formulate the most effective, sustainably sourced collagen supplement on the market. With a commitment to the highest level of quality, Collagen Elixir is designed to nourish the body while being mindful of the earth.
If you want to learn more about the potential benefits of collagen or have any questions about Collagen Elixir, please feel free to contact us.