What Can I Eat On Isagenix Nutritional Cleanse?
Have you heard of nutritional cleansing or Isagenix Cleanse Days but haven’t been sure how to start? We know it can be overwhelming if you are new to Isagenix Cleanse Days, but Isagenix has done the hard work for you.
Isagenix’s team of scientists has taken nutritional cleansing and made it convenient, concise, and easy to learn.
We’ve put together the following comprehensive guide to nutritional cleansing with Isagenix, including what to eat on cleanse days, what to eat on shake days, and frequently asked questions.
The Science Behind Isagenix Products
Isagenix’s scientifically formulated shakes and supplements are designed to support nutritional cleansing, a form of intermittent fasting, with targeted nutrients.
What Is A Shake Day?
The Isagenix 30-Day System involves five shake days and two cleanse days each week. Shake days consist of replacing two meals with an Isagenix IsaLean Shake and consuming one regular, nutrient-dense meal (between 400 to 600 calories).
IsaLean meal replacement shakes contain a unique blend of high-quality whey and casein protein, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
What Is A Cleanse Day?
Instead of shakes and meals, Isagenix Cleanse days involve consuming four servings of Isagenix Cleanse for Life along with a small amount of Isagenix-approved snacks and suggested fruits.
How Does Cleanse For Life Work?
Cleanse For Life, the star of Isagenix Cleanse Days, does not rely on shortcuts, laxatives, or diuretics to provide results. Rather, Cleanse for Life® supports the liver as it undergoes natural detoxification processes, helping the body to remove impurities and fight against oxidative stress.
Cleanse For Life features a proprietary blend of herbs, B vitamins, and aloe vera to help support the body’s natural detoxifications processes.
Healthy Food Ideas for Shake Days
Along with 2 servings of Isagenix IsaLean shakes, there is a wide variety of nutrient-dense food options for Isagenix Shake Days:
- Whole grains (quinoa, brown rice, old fashioned oats)
- Fatty fish such as salmon or sardines
- Organic, unsweetened/unflavored yogurt
- Sweet potatoes
- Sprouted grains
- Sea Vegetables (nori, kelp, kombu)
- Oranges (eaten in moderation)
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, pistachios)
- Leafy greens (kale, Swiss chard, romaine, spinach)
- Chicken (without the skin)
- Non-hydrogenated cooking oils such as extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Berries (raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, blueberries)
- Bananas (in moderation)
- Onion, garlic, and lemon can be used to add flavor to dishes
Example Isagenix Cleanse Day
Here is a sample Isagenix Cleanse Day:
- Early Morning – 1 serving of Isagenix Supreme
- Morning – Cleanse for Life, 1 Natural Accelerator Capsule (a targeted blend of green tea, herbs, vitamins, and adaptogens), Cleanse Day approved snack (see below for ideas)
- Mid-morning – Cleanse Day Approved Snack
- Mid-day – Cleanse for Life, 1 Natural Accelerator Capsule, Cleanse Day approved snack
- Mid-afternoon – Cleanse for Life, 1 Natural Accelerator Capsule, Cleanse Day approved snack
- Evening – Cleanse for Life, 1 Natural Accelerator Capsule, Cleanse Day approved snack
- Before Bed – IsaFlush
Isagenix Cleanse Day Approved Snacks
- Isagenix Whey Thins – Savory, convenient snacks packed with high-quality, satiating protein
- Isagenix IsaDelight Chocolates – Delicious, guilt-free chocolates featuring green tea extract, antioxidants, and amino acids
- Isagenix Snacks – Delicious, protein-based wafers with just 15 calories each
- Isagenix e+ Shots – Naturally sourced caffeine to provide a sustainable boost of energy without the jitters
- Isagenix Coffee – Coffee lovers rejoice! This delicious, high-quality blend of fair-trade coffee beans features green tea, trace minerals, and medium-chain triglycerides and is approved for both Shake and Cleanse Days.
What Should I Do If I Am Still Hungry on Cleanse Days?
If you feel faint, are an athlete, have blood sugar issues, or need more to snack on, consider the following healthy ideas for Cleanse Days:
- Apple slices with unsalted walnuts or almonds
- Cucumber slices
Talk with your Isagenix coach for additional Cleanse Day snack suggestions if you are still struggling to get through Cleanse Days.
Foods to Avoid On Cleanse Days
- Artificial flavorings, colorings, and sweeteners)
- Starches such as white potatoes or carrots
- High fat cheese
- Excessive salt
- Refined carbohydrates
- Processed foods
- Refined sugar
- White flour
- White rice
- Pork products such as bacon or ham
- Packaged foods
- Fruit juices
- Fast food
- Enriched foods
- Fried foods
- Cooking oils (sunflower, corn, peanut, safflower)
- Cold cuts/meats
- Caffeinated beverages, although Isagenix coffee in moderation is considered acceptable for Cleanse Days
Can I Have Caffeine On Cleanse Days?
While you can certainly skip caffeine on Cleanse Days, Isagenix Coffee can be consumed. Most coffees contain alarmingly high amounts of herbicides, chemicals, toxins, and pesticides — the exact things Cleanse Days are trying to work against!
Isagenix Coffee is a gourmet blend produced in artisanal single batches. The coffee beans undergo rigorous testing to ensure superior quality, freshness, and the lowest possible levels of toxins.
Tips For Cleanse Days
Knowing exactly what to expect on Cleanse Days can help you stick to the routine and set you up for success.
Here are some tips to optimize your Isagenix Cleanse Days:
- Avoid eating too much at one time as this can disrupt the cleansing process. The goal of cleanse days is to avoid causing the digestive system to work, giving the liver a rest.
- Avoid empty calories
- Avoid caffeine if possible
- Eliminate processed foods
- Plan out your meals and healthy snacks ahead of time
- Consume enough water throughout the day
- Focus on nutrient-dense, whole foods and colorful foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables
- Consider starting your day with a glass of water with fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Are Isagenix Cleanse Days Right For You?
There is growing evidence to support the efficacy and benefits of intermittent fasting. With Isagenix, intermittent fasting no longer needs to be intimidating or confusing.
With Isagenix’s targeted supplements to complement the nutritional cleansing process, satiating snacks, and all the support you need, intermittent fasting has never been easier or more convenient.
Please feel free to reach out to our team (including qualified nutritionists, clinical nurses, chiropractors, naturopaths, and more) with any questions about intermittent fasting or which Isagenix products would be ideal for your health and fitness goals.
*Note* When starting any new dietary program or adding supplements to your routine, always check with your healthcare provider first.