At Isagenix, we are committed both to your health and the health of the environment. This commitment means we are constantly striving to improve our carbon footprint, move closer to our zero-waste by 2028 goal, be transparent in our manufacturing processes, and continue to support the planet.
Here’s a quick look at some of the ways we are progressing toward our zero-waste goal.
As a company, Isagenix International has recently reached various major milestones in its journey toward transitioning into more products that are reusable, recycled, compostable and produced from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic:
- Isagenix is transitioning IsaFlush® and Natural Accelerator™ bottles to 100% PCR plastic. This change will save over a million bottles of recyclable virgin plastic from production in the next year.
- Isagenix is continuing to switch canisters to PCR plastic, a process that began in 2018. More than half of Isagenix products are now packaged in canisters and bottles made from 100% PCR plastic.
- Isagenix is discontinuing the use of plastic bottle neckbands on nine products. This will eliminate over 2 million neckbands per year (almost 53 miles worth of plastic!). So far, more than a quarter of products that once featured plastic neckbands no longer do.
- As of November, Isagenix stopped using plastic shrink-wrap on boxes of Lemon Passion Crunch and Chocolate Decadence IsaLean Bars and Fiber Snacks. This has resulted in over half a million boxes not getting shrink wrapped this year.
Thanks to a recently opened distribution center in Reno, Nevada, Isagenix expects to use at least 75,000 fewer insulated, eco-friendly coolers for heat sensitive products. If these coolers were to be stacked, they would reach twice the height of Mount Everest!
Due to the more moderate temperatures at the Reno Center, Pacific Northwest shipments will require coolers for a shorter amount of time this year than last year, resulting in this massive reduction of 75,000 coolers.
Additional shipping milestones that will benefit the planet include:
- A resizing for cardboard boxes that will result in a 15% decrease in the number of air pillows needed when preparing shipments
- A need for cardboard boxes eliminated thanks to the introduction of cardboard trays for shake canisters. This will result in a massive (3.2 million square foot) reduction in cardboard.
Our Efforts For Greener World Headquarters Operations
At the Isagenix World Headquarters, we are continuously looking for ways to increase sustainability and reduce our environmental impact. A few of our recent improvements include:
- Photovoltaic solar panels installed in 2018 are anticipated to provide around 463,000 kilowatt-hours of annual renewable energy. This amount can power almost one-quarter of the building’s energy needs.
- Three electric vehicle charging stations — installed last year — have helped 12 electric vehicles save 12,472 kilograms of greenhouse emissions. This is equivalent to planting over 300 trees and letting them grow for a decade.
- Obtaining LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) for the corporate office
- The addition of a trip-reduction program that offers monetary incentives to employees who use alternate transportation (biking, riding the bus, carpooling, etc.) to get to work
Along with seeking out ingredient suppliers who prioritize sustainability, Isagenix also seeks out plant-based products such as:
Our Commitment to Sustainable and Ethical Sourcing
Isagenix is committed to sourcing ingredients ethically and sustainably.
Since 2002, the majority of our dairy has been supplied from New Zealand as a way to ensure we provide only the highest-quality ingredients.
To support the growing worldwide demand for our products, Isagenix has expanded to sourcing high-quality ingredients from suppliers in Australia and the United States that align with our no-compromise standards.
We focus on suppliers who match our vision of prioritizing ingredients such as natural sweeteners and flavors, vitamins and minerals, and botanicals.
Isagenix is dedicated to continuously improving our ingredient sourcing and resource management to decrease landfill waste, reduce our carbon footprint, and support our planet.
Isagenix’s Commitment To Our Customers and the Planet
As Isagenix continues to experience rapid growth as a worldwide business, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact as we move forward.
In achieving our zero-waste goal, our customers can be ensured that the quality of our products remains our ultimate priority. We look forward to continuing to provide the highest quality ingredients that allow us to both reduce our environmental impact while giving our customers nourishing, nutrient-dense, high-quality products to help support their health and fitness journey.