Do Isagenix Meal Replacement Shakes Help You Lose Weight?
They are easy to include in your diet, perfect for busy lifestyles, and provide quick nutrition. But do meal replacement shakes actually help you lose weight?
Let’s take a look at what science has to say about these meals-on-the-go.
What Are Meal Replacement Shakes?
Meal replacement shakes are products — usually containing a mix of protein, fiber, fats, carbs, and nutrients — designed to act as an alternative to a traditional meal.
What Is the Difference Between Protein Shakes and Meal Replacement Shakes?
Protein is usually the sole focus of protein shakes, whereas meal replacement shakes aim to offer nutrition similar to an actual meal. The actual nutrition content varies greatly based on the brand, but this usually means a mix of healthy carbs and fats, high-quality protein, enzymes, and fiber.
Are Meal Replacement Shakes Safe?
As a product, it is considered safe to consume meal replacement shakes. Some versions are certainly going to be more healthy and high-quality than others, but they are considered safe for consumption.
If in doubt over whether or not a product is safe for you, it is always best to check with your healthcare provider.
Can Meal Replacement Shakes Replace All My Meals?
This answer is a definite NO. Subsisting on only meal replacement shakes would be robbing your body of the vast array of nutrients from whole foods.
Replacing a meal or two a day with a meal replacement shake — like on Cleanse Days — still allows for additional nutrition through whole foods.
Benefits of Meal Replacement Shakes
Advantages of meal replacement shakes include:
- Convenience – For so many people, busy lifestyles get in the way of healthy eating. Meal replacement shakes provide almost instant nutrition, allowing you to have a meal-on-the-go for rushed days. It may also help you avoid resorting to fast food when you have an easy meal option as a backup for busy days.
- Simplicity – Some dieters get overwhelmed by trying to prepare healthy meals and snacks. High-quality meal replacement shakes eliminate the guessing game. Often, the easier something is to incorporate into your lifestyle, the more likely you are to stick with it.
- Protein – The protein in high-quality meal replacement shakes provides the body with the amino acids needed for building long, lean muscle.
- Versitility – Aside from blending with water and ice, it can be fun to experiment with add-ins for your meal replacement shakes. Ingredients like almond butter, bananas, strawberries, cocoa powder, and coconut milk can add additional nutrients to your shake and make it even more delicious and satisfying. One of our favorite recipes is the Morning Power Shake.
- Weight Loss – Meal replacement shakes have the potential to help with weight loss (more on that below).
Can Meal Replacement Shakes Help You Lose Weight?
Do meal replacement shakes actually work? We hear this question a lot and, yes, they can work for weight loss. However, there are a variety of lifestyle factors that need to be considered, as well as the quality of the shake itself.
Most people experience weight loss when they reduce their calorie intake. Since meal replacement shakes usually contain fewer calories than a full meal, the consumption of shakes can help decrease your total calorie intake and assist with weight loss.
And there is science to back this up. Some studies have found that replacing one or two meals per day with a meal replacement shake may promote weight loss.
It is important to remember that meal replacement shakes need to be part of a healthy, balanced diet. Having a meal replacement shake at one meal only to consume junk food for the rest of the day is unlikely to lead to positive results.
What Is the Best Meal Replacement Shake?
The best way to find a healthy meal replacement shake is to read the ingredient label carefully. Some brands contain excessive amounts of sugar, chemicals, or preservatives that can actually hinder your weight loss efforts rather than help.
IsaLean Shakes – Nutritional Powerhouses
If you are looking for the best meal replacement shake, consider Isagenix’s professionally formulated IsaLean shake.
The formula is packed with ingredients designed to maximize your body’s fat-burning abilities, fight cravings, support the growth of lean muscle, and provide easy nutrition on-the-go — all while safely reducing your calorie intake.
The premium ingredients in IsaLean shakes include:
- 24 grams of high-quality, undenature protein sourced from happy, grass-fed New Zealand cows
- Omega 3s
- Healthy fats
- Just 240 calories
- Complex carbohydrates
- Superior amino acid profile
- Enzymes to support healthy digestion
- Delicious flavors including Dutch chocolate, Vanilla, Peach Mango, and Strawberry
Adding only the best ingredients to IsaLean shakes means there is no room for potentially harmful or undesirable ingredients such as:
- Artificial colors
- Artificial sweeteners
- Artificial flavors
Meal replacement shakes can be a convenient way to maintain a healthy diet despite a busy lifestyle. However, it is important to incorporate meal replacement shakes as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Have you ever tried a meal replacement shake for weight loss? Let us know in the comments — we always love hearing from you.